Apple weds high-res 4K visuals into its sleek 5mm thin 21.5″ iMac with Retina 4K Display. With a 4096 x 2304 native resolution, this iMac provides 9.4 million pixels, which is 4.5 times more than the Full HD 1080p 21.5″ iMac.
The iMac houses a quad-core 5th-gen Broadwell 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5 processor with 8GB of 1867 MHz LPDDR3 onboard RAM and integrated Intel HD Graphics 6200. For storage, the iMac has a 1TB 5400 rpm HDD.
- Retina 4K Display
- Whether your iMac is in your studio, living room, or kitchen, the display is the focal point. With a 4096 x 2304 resolution, this iMac features 9.4 million pixels, which allows for crisp, clear text and support for 4K photos and videos. The IPS panel allows for wider viewing angles so more people can enjoy the Retina 4K display without having to crowd around it. The Retina 4K display also features a wider color gamut for true-to-life color.
- 5th-Gen Broadwell Quad-Core Intel Core Performance
- The iMac houses a quad-core 5th-gen Broadwell Intel Core i5 processor. Its quad cores can reach a stock speed of 3.1 GHz. It can also be overclocked up to 3.6 GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology.
- Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200
- With integrated Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200, the iMac delivers visual effects and 3D graphics that exhibit raw power.
- Thin Design
- The iMac with Retina 4K display maintains its 5mm profile, which is up to 40 percent less volume than the 2011 iMac.