No products in the cart.
VMware Fusion 5 MAC OS X VMFUS5ENGMCP
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
The VMware Fusion 5 Software for MAC OS X (English) is a software package for Intel Macs that allows you to configure and run virtual machines from within Mac OS X. It is optimized to work with Mountain Lion, Windows 8 and the latest Macs to deliver the ultimate Windows on Mac experience. It comes loaded with more than 70 new features including better performance, faster graphics and an enhanced UI geared for productivity.
VMware Fusion enables you to transfer your entire PC to your Mac with VMware Fusion’s PC migration assistant for Windows. Have access to your Windows programs and all your files from your old PC directly on your Mac. This software’s easy install feature enables you to run Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8 alongside Mac applications without rebooting. Windows programs like seamless copy-and-paste, drag-and-drop and networking-and-printing do not require any additional setup. It is also compatible with Windows-only programs like Microsoft Project, Access and Internet Explorer.
VMware Fusion 5 is reliable to develop and test new applications for Mac and iOS. It supports OS X Mountain Lion in a virtual machine, enabling you to run OS X Mountain Lion, OS X Mountain Lion Server, OS X Lion and OS X Lion Server in virtual machines. Now experience your Windows programs like Mac applications in Unity mode and use OS X gestures to toggle between full screen Windows and Mac applications.
You can add Launch Windows programs directly from the Dock, Spotlight or Launchpad and view them in Exposé, Spaces and Mission Control as if they were Mac applications. The software enables you to easily interact with Windows programs using Mac shortcuts and intuitive gestures. VMware Fusion 5 enhances the way you experience Windows applications on a Mac. From the new Virtual Machine Library with Retina Display optimized thumbnails and a new “Finder style” list view, to 1-click snapshots, everything has been enhanced to provide users with a more powerful way to experience Windows on a Mac.
- Optimized for Mountain Lion and Windows 8
- VMware Fusion 5 has been revamped to take advantage of new technologies only available in Mountain Lion, Windows 8 and the latest Macs to deliver a Windows on Mac experience never seen before.
- Designed for Mountain Lion
- Extend Mountain Lion’s unique features to your Windows environment and search your favorite Windows programs in Launchpad or use “AirPlay Mirroring” to stream your Mac and Windows applications on your HDTV. You can even get VMware Fusion notifications in Mountain Lion’s notification center. Moreover, VMware Fusion 5 is compatible with OS X Lion and Mac OS X Snow Leopard.
- Supports OS X Mountain Lion in Virtual Machines
- VMware Fusion 5 now supports OS X Mountain Lion in a virtual machine. Get better performance from your Mac by running OS X Mountain Lion, OS X Mountain Lion Server, OS X Lion and OS X Lion Server in virtual machines. Leveraging decades of innovation in leading the virtualization revolution, VMware Fusion 5 is the most reliable way to develop and test new applications for the Mac and iOS.
- Windows 8 Optimized
- VMware Fusion supports Windows 8, Windows 8 Pro and Windows 8 Enterprise. Leveraging Windows 8 and the power of your Mac, VMware Fusion 5 reboots Windows 8 in seconds. Thus, installing a Windows update and restarting Windows becomes a matter of seconds not minutes.
View Windows like you’ve never seen it before with Retina Display optimization for a crisp and detailed experience of your Windows programs.
- USB 3.0 Connectivity
- Extend your Mac’s connectivity to your Windows environment and take advantage of USB 3.0 connectivity for ultra-fast file transfers, SDXC card reader to import and view your photos directly in Windows and view them on an external monitor or TV using the Thunderbolt port or HDMI port of your Mac.
Moreover, benefit from better use of memory on Macs equipped with 16 GB or more and get better performance when dealing with Virtual Machines that require large memory allocations.
- Next Generation Performance
- With a highly optimized 64-bit engine and multi-core processing power that makes the most effective use of the latest Intel processors found in new Macs, VMware Fusion 5 will let you run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side faster than ever. Leveraging the Mac’s faster memory, faster SSD performance and greater power under the hood, VMware Fusion 5 will make running Windows faster than on an old PC.
- Enhanced Battery Life
- Optimized to give you better performance while least impacting the power of your Mac, VMware Fusion 5 has drastically improved its power management abilities, enabling every watt of power coming out of your Mac’s battery to be used as efficiently as possible.
- Faster 3D Graphics
- With faster 3D graphics and support for OpenGL 2.1 and DirectX 9.0c Shader Model 3 graphics, VMware Fusion 5 makes running highly demanding 3D applications like AutoCAD 2012 easier. It also comes with a brand new graphics driver for Linux which lets you enjoy full 3D desktops in Linux Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and OpenSuSE.
- Ultra-fast Resume
- Leveraging the latest SSD technologies, suspend and resume your Windows environment faster than before so you can get back to exactly where you left off without having to waste precious time waiting for Windows to reboot.
- Enhanced Virtual Machine Library
- The updated Virtual Machine Library boosts productivity by enabling seamless working between multiple operating systems. Enjoy new icon and list views of all your virtual machines and keep your library organized with folders. Get a dynamic view of the state of your virtual machines in icon view and enjoy larger thumbnails so you know exactly where you left off. See the amount of space used by each of your virtual machines at a glance.
- Snapshots have also received an improved graphical appearance and can be viewed in a separate window so you can continue to work with your virtual machine side-by-side. Snapshots can now be taken in a single click directly from the menu and can also be reverted back as quickly as they were taken.
- New Embedded Learning Center
- The new Embedded Learning Center allows you to access a wide range of videos directly from within VMware Fusion. Moreover, get access to a wide range of step-by-step, easy-to-view videos that will help you get started with running Windows on a Mac.
- Most Compatible
- With added support for virtualizing Windows 8, ESXi5, Ubuntu 12.04, Fedora 17, Windows Server 2012 as well as 200 other operating systems, VMware Fusion 5 will turn your Mac into the most compatible computer you’ve ever owned.
- Choose Your Own View for Windows Programs
- For a complete Windows experience, you can run Windows in full screen on one display or across multiple displays connected to your Mac. To keep your Windows programs separate from your Mac environment, run Windows in single window view. For a fully integrated experience, run Windows in Unity to run Windows programs without seeing Windows. VMware Fusion 5 allows you to use Windows-only USB or Bluetooth devices on your Mac; from GPS receivers, to cell phones or mp3 players and other input devices that are only supported in Windows.
No more choosing between Windows or Mac at startup, VMware Fusion lets you run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side directly from your existing Boot Camp partition.